5 B2B Marketing Tips for a Dimensional Press Release
Today’s digital marketplace offers B2B marketing professionals a plethora of tools and channels to distribute messages. However, the quickly expanding net also provides challenges.
Internet users have dynamic activity patterns and today they spend more time on the web than ever. A 2010 study by Forrester research found that online viewing now equals that of TV viewing. The average U.S. consumer spends 13 hours a week on both.
They have become the drivers of the buying cycle rather than passengers on the sales train. They are smarter and tougher to convince. But the good news is there are a lot of opportunities in the marketplace and with a little creativity; a well written and distributed press release can turn into a successful marketing campaign.
Consider these 5 B2B marketing tips for press release success:
1. Use Social Media for extended reach – Sites such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn are great outlets for extending your carefully-crafted public relations’ messages. Successful content appeals to the community-oriented atmosphere and offers valuable information that research-oriented viewers crave.
When your message is well-received, you can cover a much wider audience with less distribution costs.
This exposure advantage must be balanced with the quality of message you send. It’s one thing to get thousands of hits on a video, for example, but if the viewers don’t fit your target market, you are likely wasting resources.
2. Update your email marketing strategies – Targeted email marketing is still a B2B favorite. A Forbes Media study showed that email and e-newsletter marketing are considered the second-most effective tool for generating conversions, finishing slightly lower than Search Engine Optimization.
Be sure to integrate your press release and email marketing efforts where it makes sense. For example, a PR campaign intended to announce a new product/service offering is also well suited for an email campaign/newsletter to prospects (so they have the opportunity to see the message in multiple places) or existing customers (who might be interested in upgrading or expanding).
3. Leverage keywords to make your content visible – Integrating the phrases your brand is trying to be visible for online is critical in reaching your online marketing goals with your press release
Leveraging relevant keywords ensures that the content is optimized and your press release can be found when prospects are searching for information.
4. Keep brand information consistent – You’ve got multiple channels to share your press release through and each has its own communication style.
If you’re leveraging Facebook and Twitter to extend the reach of your press release, for example, do you present the same information on both outlets? The answer is yes, but each needs to be tailored to the outlet and any audience nuances that may exist between the two.
Also, keep the look and feel of your brand consistent both online and offline. Despite the different places viewers find your messages, in order to achieve the highest levels of brand recognition, consistency is key.
5. Get the most out of your content. With all the messaging you create, there are multiple channels to recycle a message.
To get the most out of your content creation efforts consider using parts or all of your press release in blogs, email letters, landing page, media kits, interviews or even creating a video to support the message. Get creative about where you can re-tool/re-purpose the information to increase the life of the message.
Examine how you can insert key words and anchor text that will continually drive readers to your brand.
The sky is the limit when it comes to creating informational campaigns for the net. B2B marketers who stay on top of Internet trends and continue to maximize the reach of the message will outpace the competition. A well written and promoted press release is a great tool for reaching a larger audience and beating your competition to the sale!